Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Run To The Basement...Or Not

I looked out the window and noticed a black sky, turning early morning into late night. I flipped on the tv to discover a tornado was sighted nearby.

The kids are home from school and Cat had a friend spend the night so I sent them into my bedroom (next to an interior closet if we needed it) and ran upstairs to wake the boys to bring them down.

When I came back down the stairs, I saw that both girls were huddled on the floor, curled up in little balls with their heads tucked into their knees and hands clasped over their heads.

"What in the world are you doing?"

"Tornado drill," they said in unison, neither bothering to lift her head.

Apparently when we're under a tornado warning during the school day, teachers line students up in window-less halls and direct the children to crouch on the floor and cover their heads they way the girls did this morning. It looks to me the only instruction left out was kissing their hineys good-bye.

So much for tornado protection in the land of no basements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network