Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

How to put the "fun" into fundraising

I'm tired of hawking candy, cookie dough, candles and wrapping paper to raise funds for schools. It's such a waste of time. Neighbors see me coming up the walkway and they don't answer the door. Oh, yeah, that's when I bring over supper. Schools spend the money on luxuries anyway, like books and toilet paper.

Cat just finished selling four boxes of 40 candy bars and I just finished eating four boxes of 40 bars, all for some crappy "surprise" field trip. The principal's probably loading up all his top sales students into a van and shuttling them to his house for yardwork. No, wait, they're not allowed to do that. Or is it prison wardens who can't? I get them mixed up. That's easy enough to do - they both oversee a bunch of crazed and caged wild animals. At least principals can ship theirs home every night.

I say, to hell with all those useless products and send those kids out with stuff people want to buy, like door-to-door wine tastings. A field trip to Napa Valley sure beats pulling weeds.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Cookie dough and pizza and candy bars? Schools contributing to the obesity crisis.

I'm with you, I'd rather they contribute to my buzz.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger danielle schaaf said...

Yeah, if I'm gonna get fat let it be over a bottle of Cabernet rather than a tub of cookie dough.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Stepping said...

Love the wine-tasting idea! I'd help all the little neighborhood kids with that one.LOL:-)

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! I'm sick of having to buy all that crap just because my son or granddaughter are told they "have" to sell a certain amount. grrrr.....

Now wine tasting...that would be different. I'd do that with a big smile!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network