Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Emergency Preparations

The Big Guy headed out to Lowe's this week in search of a generator. So what's the emergency? Hurricane? Nope, dodged that bullet last week. Sure, there are a couple more brewing in the Atlantic but those are days away from landfall. The last time The Big Guy planned that far in advance was when the Contessa offered to cook Thanksgiving dinner last month. He sealed the oven door.

Nope, he's worried about losing electricity during THE BIG EVENT. His college football team, the fighting Ball State University Cardinals, are playing the featured game on ESPN Friday night. This hasn't happened since...well, I don't think it's ever happened before. This is a piece of history, he said, just like when Danica Patrick won the Indy 500. Oh, yeah, he's still waiting for that to happen, too.

So, let’s see if I’ve got this right. We were on the verge of a what could've been a category 5 hurricane striking us down last week and The Big Guy wouldn’t let me buy bagged ice for coolers. He told me I could bag my own ice, since we upgraded our 1987 refrigerator to a new model that actually churns out ice cubes.

So now he's hauling in a generator as a back-up? Won't he be surprised when he finds I've switched our High-Def, 400-channel cable package to basic: three local stations and the Weather Channel. I hear Jim Cantori does a great play-by-play.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Smart Mouth Broad said...

Too Funny. Ball State on ESPN! I'm THERE! I can't help it. I'm a HOOSIER. :-/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network