Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Leapin', er, Rainin' Lizards!

Only in South Florida. Again. Seems when the weather gets a bit nippy, Iguanas fall out of the trees. Yep, those ugly lizards go into a deep sleep, sorta like bears, I guess, and lose their grips on the trees.



How'd you like this falling on your head? I guess it could fall into that lady's hair right after she left the beauty salon. She'd never know it was there until the police searched her at the station.


Just like pet alligators flushed down toilets when they grew, Iguanas were pets released into the concrete jungle when they got too large. I'm glad I live in Houston with only the super-sized mosquitos and pit bulls to deal with.


5 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Smart Mouth Broad said...

Are you picking on us? Keep looking because there is a LOT of blog fodder here in South Florida.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger danielle schaaf said...

Smart Mouth, I'm a native Floridian, growing up with weird animal stuff like poisonous toads the size of small cats killing dogs, catfish shimmying up your driveway blocks from the nearest water source AND finding someone's lost Boa Constrictor in your toilet.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Fragrant Liar said...

Um, I think Houston has its share of cockroaches the size of bulldozers -- and they sort of fly! Ew.

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen anyone have a conniption fit? That would be me if one of those fell anywhere near me. I'm a wienie when it comes to reptilian like creatures.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I've just changed all my travel plans forever.

b

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network