Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Pinot & Grigio are home from college and I'm reminded of life with them as baby grapes just home from the hospital. They've got their days and nights mixed up, going to bed at 3 a.m. and sleeping the rest of the time. Feedings are every two hours, whether they're hungry or not. They're growing young men, you know. At least I no longer have to burp them. They've got that down cold. Well, almost. Sometimes they spit-up and leave a bit on their chins. Bongo takes care of that.

Having them home again has brought tears to my eyes. I can't help but cry when I stumble over stuffed laundry bags they dragged home and dropped in the doorway. Who woulnd't get misty-eyed over seeing grandma's heirloom quilts streaked with macaroni-and-cheese? I never knew an exploding microwave could spew stuff so far. I guess I need to send an apology to their dorm residence assistantfor that stain on the hallway wall.

Besides bringing me to tears, those boys leave me speechless, especially when I sort through the laundry bag. I may be dumbstruck when I come across the never-been-washed sheets and t-shirts tinged in mold but those grimy socks, encrusted with two-month-old mud, bathroom slime and something that may have once been alive, leave me breathless.

I'm so glad Pinot & Grigio are home. I'm going to enjoy them every one of the FORTY days their home. Then, it's just a few short months until summer break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network