Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Old Friends and Old Shoes

A buddy from high school just told me how easy it was to be my friend. Sorta like an old pair of shoes, he said.

What? Like something you throw on at the last minute and hope no one sees you in? Something even the dog won't fetch? Something Goodwill won't take? Something you try handing to a panhandler and he gives it back, along with his change AND a free windshield wash?

Sheesh.

3 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Fragrant Liar said...

An old pair of shoes is a comforting thing. Easy to putz around in, cradling your feet. I think it was a compliment.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Smart Mouth Broad said...

The comfy ones, the ones that feel the best.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hey, I would feel the same way. I was once introduced to a group by someone who said, and now here is Becky, who has a heart as big as all of Hudson. Huh? Hudson, Mass., the town of 15,000 where we happened to be standing? I don't think THAT's a great compliment. I guess I can't complain, better than here's Becky, the world's worst bitch.
b

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network