Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Victoria's Secret Not So Secret

Every couple of years, The Big Guy gifts me with jammies from Victoria Secret. Nothing provocative or revealing, just comfy. I finally figured out why he shops there and not his usual blue-light specialty stores.

It's the catalog.

The other day, during my annual sweep of kitchen clutter, I picked up a VS catalog, started to toss it out, muttering, "Why do they send me these things? To make me eat more chocolate?"

The Big Guy grabbed the catalog out of my hand, saying, "Hey, baby, it's addressed to ME." Sure 'nuff, the label was addressed to Mr. Big Guy. Turns out, those jammies he buys keeps his name on the mailing list.

Maybe I can convince Tiffany's catalog editors to feature chesty models wearing thongs and angel wings.

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Ah HA! That's the secret...

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Smart Mouth Broad said...

What a FABULOUS idea. What woman doesn't love anything that comes in that little blue box!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it's obvious their catalog isn't aimed at us women or they'd know all it does is make us feel worse than we already do about our bodies. I just toss them when I get them and I don't care who it's addressed to. Ha!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

I once walked up to a guy at work having to ask him some innocuous question, or maybe it was to just say hello, I don't remember.

He had the Victoria's Secret catalog. Open. In his lap.

He turned six shades of red and stammered and tried somehow to explain and burst into laughter at how stupid he sounded.

I put him out of his misery by walking away without further comment...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network