Haute Flash Contessa

Rants, ramblings, raves of a woman who blames everything from road rage to undercooked pork chops on a hormone imbalance.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike is headed our way

Ike's gonna be a mess, bringing us 90-100 mph winds, sideways rain and lots of flooding for our neighbors to the south of us. I'm not sure how much I'll be posting the next several days but I have to share a few hurricane preparation tactics I've encountered.

A lady ahead of me in the grocery store had essentials: hot dogs (for the grill), paper towels and a five-gallon tub of ice cream. I can also see it now: after sweltering in the 96-degree heat picking up tree limbs, she opens the freezer thinking, "A cold bowl of ice scream sure would hit the spot right now." Yep. I can see the look on her face when she finds warm, melted milk-mush. Have at it, lady!

I think the idea of using garbage cans to collect water is brilliant since we had trash pick-up yesterday. I'm gonna run out and fill mine from the hose. Right after I polish off our ice cream.

9 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Please tell me you've got wine!

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be safe.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Smart Mouth Broad said...

Will keep you in thought and prayer. Let us know how you're doing when you can.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be. I guess a big storm brings out the best in some and worst in others for sure. Your grocery store friend must be new to Hurricanes???

Stay safe!

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you o.k.? Let us know, please. You are in my prayers.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Smart Mouth Broad said...

I keep checking. Does anyone have any info about how HFC weathered the storm? HFC - Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hope you're alright HFC. Will keep checking in.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really worried about you. Please let us know how you are, just as soon as possible. You are in my prayers.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger danielle schaaf said...

Just checking in. We're safe, lots of limb damage but we still don't have electricity and won't for at least two more days, possibly 5. Our weather has been unseasonably cool and dry - what a blessing!

I'll post more when I can. I still have wine so all is good.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and comments.

Contessa

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Smart Mouth Broad said...

So glad to hear from you. Glad you're safe. I will toast to that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counters
HumorLinks Humor-Blogs.com a href="http://www.momblognetwork.com">Mom Blog Network Vote for my blog Haute Flash Contessa on Mom Blog Network